POLICIES & FAQs
What’s the best way to get started?
You have a few options:
- Take a crash course. Workshops for advanced and beginning dancers are offered monthly but vary in subject. One month could be Salsa, another Swing for example.
- DANCES OFFERED AS COURSES: Take a trial class for $15 during the first and second week of a course. If you like it, you can join at the end of the class and pay the remainder of the balance.
- Attend our Open House or Fire Sale and take a free class or $5 class in the style of your choice. We host one or two of these events per year, so check our Calendar.
- Drop-In classes: Take your first Dance Trance class for free. We also offer Hip-Hop and Adult Ballet drop-in courses.
How do I register?
Signing up is simple. You have 2 options:
- Come to the studio and do it in person. Please come at least 20 minutes before your class starts.
- Sign up in advance online with a credit card and you will save some $$$.
What if I missed classes or need to cancel a registration?
Class make ups:
There are no makeups for missed classes. Don’t worry if you have to miss a class; there will be reviews of previous material throughout the course and you’ll be able to catch up!
If you have to cancel a registration due t0 a medical issue or emergency relocation, let us know via email at firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE you miss your class or workshop so that we can work with you on scheduling your remaining lessons. You will receive an email confirmation within 48 hrs. If you don’t receive a confirmation, make sure to contact us immediately.
We do not offer refunds for courses. The credit can be transferred to any of our services or into someone else’s name in case of a long term medical issue or emergency relocation.
What should I wear?
- For the Dance Trance or hip hop classes, wear your workout gear.
- For the Social Dance classes, people generally wear casual clothes but if they are coming directly from work, they wear their work clothes. The most important thing is that you are comfortable with what you wear. Parties offer the opportunity to dress up, especially Argentine Tango parties and parties with live bands.
Shoes for Social Dancing: Wear shoes that are secure on your feet. Also, avoid rubber soles as they stick to the floor. The less traction you have, the easier it is to dance and you will save your knees and ankles some hardship. We recommend you get a pair of dance shoes after 3 months of dance lessons. If you don’t want to buy a pair of dance shoes, we ask you to get a pair of shoes dedicated to dancing only (a pair you do not wear outdoors). Your teacher will also give you tips for the best type of shoes based on the dances you are interested in.
Note: In case of rain, please bring a dry pair of shoes for dancing. Humidity will make your shoes stick to the floor which is tough on your joints. It will also help us keep our floors clean.
Do I need a partner in Social Dance Classes?
You do not need a partner to take dance classes or to go social dancing. Both couples and singles are welcome. We rotate partners in our group classes. At the dances, you can ask anybody to dance. That is part of the fun!
Do I have to rotate partners in Social Dance Classes?
We advise you to rotate partners, but you don’t have to. Learning the art of Social Dancing includes adjusting to each person you dance with and being able to dance with anyone on the Planet. By dancing with only one person all the time, you will get used to each other’s moves, steps and bad habits. We do understand however that some couples have reasons to want to stay together in the class, and your instructor will respect your wishes. As long as you are having fun together, that is what matters most.
I have two left feet and no rhythm. Can I still learn to dance?
Having 2 left feet or no rhythm can be fixed and will not prevent you from learning how to dance. As we say “if you can walk, you can dance.” Dancing is just about changing weight from one leg to the other, like walking. Many people who do not have raw talent, end up working harder and therefore become better dancers.
- We do not offer refunds. Credits or transfers are given only for medical or relocation issues. (see details above)
- For class series, you can make up two classes within the same time period.
- For any returned checks, there will be a $25 bank fee in addition to the original amount due.